Updated weekly. Usually on Tuesdays. Unless some small person eats my blog post.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

She did it!

I am so proud at this moment, I could burst my buttons (assuming, of course, I had buttons and was capable of a deep breath; more on that later)! Miss StrawBee, the infant light of my life, has made huge leap forward. She crawled!

And she did it all. on. her. own.

After weeks of trying to "help" her crawl (which included some pretty ingenious schemes if I do say so myself--thanks to my family, particularly, for working with her), the child finally decided to take things into her own hands.

And just like that, she had it.

One moment she was scooting across the floor, the next, I thought I saw her crawling. Might've been a trick of the light. I hauled myself up off the couch so I could spy on her as she made her way into the kitchen. My eyes were not deceiving me.

My little StrawBee. She crawled.

I should've known it would be like this; that it would come all at once. Her birth was that way. Her rolling was that way. Her scooting was that way. Her new syllables were that way (oh, yes that was fun too. One day we were discussing with her occupational therapist the concern that she only had one consonant sound--mmmm--and she should have around three. We were considering physical therapy. Two days later, after dinner, I was trying to scoop her up off the floor and she took off, screeching "DA BA BA DA DA DA BA!" Three consonants: Check.). And now, her crawling.

I think it's (almost perfectly) safe to say that StrawBee is no longer behind her age group. She decided to crawl, and she decided it before the 9 month mark. (Gotta love those milemarshmellows, huh?)

I'm so proud, it's making my eyes water.

My baby.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH STRAWBEE!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :) Go baby go! just not down the stairs :)

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I DO want to hear what you think!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.Creative Commons License
This work by Carolynn Dyer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.